2-in-1 Premium Netflix-certified Streaming Media Player + Dune HD Media Center.
Netflix in 4K Dolby Vision & Atmos, AV1, 4GB, Wi-Fi 6, 1Gbit, ISO 4K DV P7 FEL.
2.5" HDD rack. Extremely Feature-Rich Android TV Box.
How to setup Dune HD Media Center:
Unique 2-in-1 combination of Netflix-certified Android TV streaming media player and advanced Dune HD media center, with built-in HDD rack
- Using just this one device, you can both watch Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+, Apple TV+, HBO Max and various other streaming services in maximum quality (up to 4K Dolby Vision and Atmos), and play local library of media files in the most advanced formats (up to ISO 4K Dolby Vision FEL and full disc menu**) - via the advanced Dune HD media center software. Local media files can be played from the internal HDD, USB HDD, NAS or PC in local network (SMB and NFS).
Official Netflix and Google Android TV 11 certifications
- The official Netflix, Google and other certifications ensure excellent support for Netflix and other streaming services (such as Amazon Prime, Disney+, Apple TV+, HBO Max and many others) with best possible audio and video quality (up to 4K Dolby Vision and Atmos). The modern Android TV 11 OS version with the official Google Android TV certification ensures excellent compatibility with all Android TV applications and features, and also gives a very powerful "Chromecast built-in" technology.
Dune HD media center
- In addition to all standard Android TV features, you can also use Dune HD media center software, technically implemented as a concurrently running (in a special virtual container) Linux-based Dune HD OS, and easily accessible via a special app. This software provides functionality similar to standalone Dune HD media players and includes a lot of features which were developed for standalone Dune HD media players during more than 14 years. This includes advanced file browser, advanced file player, full menu** support for movie ISO files and disc structures, advanced support for playback of Dolby Vision files, ability to view the local library of video files as a nice-looking Netflix-like catalog, Dune Control mobile app, smart home integrations, and many other features.
Newest technologies (AV1, Dolby Vision & Atmos, ...)
- This media player includes a lot of newest technologies: AV1 video codec, VP9 profile 2 video codec, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos, Dolby MAT.
Powerful hardware (4GB, 1Gbit, Wi-Fi 6, ...)
- This media player has a lot of powerful hardware for best performance: 4 GB operating memory, 32 GB flash memory, 1 Gbit Ethernet, Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax), USB 3.0, Bluetooth 5.0 (and ships with a Bluetooth remote with microphone).
Hardware and Technologies
S905X4-K media processor (special version with all licenses)
- S905X4-K media processor is the most advanced version of the latest media processor from Amlogic which includes all possible technologies and licenses: Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos, DTS.
4 GB operating memory
- Ensures excellent performance and support for the most heavy Android apps.
32 GB flash memory
- Provides a lot of space for Android apps and other needs.
1 Gbit Ethernet
- Ensures fast data transfer and smooth playback of high bitrate video when using a wired connection to the home network.
- This newest Wi-Fi standard provides a better wireless performance and a better wireless range, when using a wireless connection to the home network.
2.5" HDD rack
- You can easily install a 2.5" SATA HDD or SSD into the media player and store up to 5 TB and more media content directly in the media player. HDD hot swap is supported. No tools are needed for HDD installation. Installed HDD can also be accessed from local network via SMB file server function built-in into Dune HD Media Center.
USB 3.0 slave HDD port
- You can easily connect the media player by USB cable to a PC for fast and convenient direct file transfer between the PC and the HDD in the media player. No additional power is required, so you can also use the media player as a portable USB HDD.
Front panel display
- Gives you even more experience of a classical Dune HD media center. When playing content via Dune HD media center app, shows the current playback position. Also can show the current time.
Dolby Vision and HDR10+
- The media player supports not only HDR technology (supported by the previous generation of media players), but also the most latest and advanced Dolby Vision and HDR10+ technologies. In conventional HDR technology, the brightness range is set at the beginning of the film and does not change during the film, so completely dark and completely bright scenes may have insufficient detail. In the latest Dolby Vision and HDR10+ technologies, the brightness range can vary from frame to frame, so the maximum picture detail is provided even in scenes that contain only dark or only light elements.
- Dolby Atmos is the most widely used advanced technology for surround sound. Dolby Atmos draws you in deeper, so you hear more and feel more, for a more realistic and immersive audio experience. This media player supports Dolby Atmos sound both when watching streaming services such as Netlix and when playing files from your local library (in formats such as ISO, BDMV, MKV, and so on).
Newest Dolby MAT technology
- This media player includes the newest Dolby technology for multichannel surround sound - Dolby MAT. Using Dolby MAT technology, the media player does not just output the fantastic Dolby Atmos audio to your TV or A/V receiver, but also performs partial decoding of the audio directly on the media player. This improves A/V synchronisation, reduces latency, and improves compatibility. Nowadays this approach for audio output is recommended by industry leaders such as Netflix and Google.
AV1 video codec
- The media player supports the very newest AV1 video codec, which helps to get up to 50% video quality improvement without increasing video bitrate (or requires up to 50% lesser bitrate for the same video quality). This new video codec is already used by YouTube and will be increasingly important for various services.
YouTube 4K HDR and VP9 profile 2
- The media player supports the modern "VP9 profile 2" video codec, which is used by YouTube for HDR content. This makes it possible to watch YouTube videos in maximum 4K HDR quality.
Two USB 3.0 host ports
- Allows you to connect USB storage devices (such as flash drive, HDD or SSD) and ensures fast data transfer and smooth playback of high bitrate video. Connected USB storage devices can also be accessed from local network via SMB file server function built-in into Dune HD Media Center.
- The built-in Bluetooth interface allows you to easily connect various remote controls, wireless keyboards, mice, joysticks, audio speakers, headphones, headsets and other devices.
Bluetooth remote with microphone, customisable app button and TV control
The remote controls the media player via Bluetooth (which means you do not need to direct the remote towards the media player and that the media player can be hidden). The built-in microphone enables Voice Search functionality. A special customisable app button can be configured to quickly launch any app. Besides, the remote can use IR channel to control TV and A/V receivers.
The media player has the built-in IR receiver and can be controlled also by IR commands (Google IR codes). This means you can use 3-party programmable or learnable remote of your choice to control the media player, or integrate the media player with your smart home via IR. For example, you can integrate the media player with a smart speaker by using an IR emitter device controlled by the smart speaker.
- The media player includes "Chromecast built-in" technology, that lets you stream your favorite entertainment and apps from your phone, tablet or laptop right to your TV. This technology can be used on both Android and iOS devices (via Google Home app) and also on any laptop or a PC (via Chrome web browser). More details: https://www.google.com/chromecast/built-in/learn/tv/
Dune HD Media Center features
Dune HD user interace
- The famous Dune HD user interface, developed during more than 14 years, specially optimized for the use on TV screens, tuned for the best possible usability, makes it easy and convenient to use the media player. It is a convenient, powerful and easy-to-use way to work with your local media library and other features of Dune HD media center.
Dune HD movies organizer and movies encyclopedia
“My Collection” function organizes a user's movies collection into a nice looking catalog. A comprehensive movies encyclopedia provides the information about hundreds of thousands of movies with detailed descriptions, posters, cross-links between movies and persons, trailers, direct links to online video services, etc. Advanced file browser automatically recognizes movies. More details: https://dune-hd.com/support/mycollection
Integration between Dune HD media center and Android TV streaming apps
- Dune HD media center not only coexists with Android TV in one device, but also integrates with Android TV streaming apps to provide unique conveniences, which would be impossible when using two separate Android TV and media player devices. For example, imagine that you just finished watching "Terminator" movie from your local library and want to watch "Terminator 2", which is not available in your local library but is available in Netflix. Dune HD media center can help you quickly launch Netlix to watch this movie. Or you can easily study the detailed information about all other movies of a director or some actor (or just about other similar movies), and then quickly start watching some of these movies in some streaming service.
Widest support for Dolby Vision file formats
- Dolby Vision is supported for all popular file formats (MKV, MP4, TS, M2TS, ISO, movie folder structure). All popular Dolby Vision profiles (profile 5, profile 7 MEL and FEL, profile 8) are supported. In all cases, the important Dolby Vision information (Dolby Vision RPU metadata) is extracted and transmitted to TV to ensure the proper Dolby Vision picture on the TV.
Dolby Vision profile 7 FEL
- Dune HD media center supports direct playback of Dolby Vision profile 7 FEL double-track and double-layer files. This is the most advanced Dolby Vision format. Dune HD media center plays video in this format using both tracks/layers. The important Dolby Vision information from the second track/layer (Dolby Vision RPU metadata) is transmitted to TV together with video data from the first track/layer. The passed video data uses 10-bit color depth - the maximum color depth supported by OLED-panels in OLED TVs, i.e. this fully uses the capabilities of OLED TVs. Combined with the full use of DolbyVision metadata this gives an excellent Dolby Vision picture on the TV screen.
Playback of Dolby Vision movie ISO/folder structures
Dune HD media center supports direct playback of movie ISO/folder structures in Dolby Vision format (Dolby Vision profile 7 MEL and FEL), including playback in full menu** mode.
Best-in-class movie ISO/folder structure playback
- Dune HD media center has the best-in-class support for playback of movie ISO/folder structures. A special playback engine provides full menu** support and helps to ensure smooth playback of the entire movie w/o any audio/video interruptions even when playing movies with complicated structure.
Automatic framerate/resolution switching
- Dune HD media center can automatically switch output framerate and resolution to match the played content. This helps to ensure absolutely smooth video playback and use the best way for video resolution upscaling (resolution upscaling by the the media player or by the TV). Dune HD media center implements an advanced approach for video mode switching, which bypasses the limitations of Android TV 11.
Flicker-free framerate/resolution switching
- Dune HD media center implements its own advanced flicker-free approach for automatic framerate and resolution switching, which switches video mode before the start of file playback (rather than after). This helps to prevent unpleasant flickering.
Dolby and DTS audio
- Dune HD media center can play Dolby and DTS audio tracks in all formats (up to Dolby TrueHD with Atmos and DTS X). All formats can be output as multi-channel audio (output is in formats up to 7.1 PCM, Dolby TrueHD with Atmos and DTS). All formats can also be output as stereo (downmix). See specifications for more details.
Multichannel DSD and other advanced music formats
- You can play music in various advanced formats, including multichannel FLAC, WavPack, APE, ALAC and even multichannel Super Audio CD (SACD). SACD music files, encoded using the advanced DSD audio codec, are supported in all popular formats (ISO, DFF, DSF), including both stereo and multichannel files, including files which use the DST compression. Multichannel DSD files can be output to HDMI as multichannel PCM. Stereo DSD files can be output to HDMI and S/PDIF as stereo PCM.
Dune HD Android Playback Accelerator technology
- This unique technology intellectually manages the resources of Android OS to minimize the influence of Android OS on the media playback engine and ensure smooth and high-quality video and audio playback.
Linux-based Dune HD OS
- Dune HD media center runs a Linux-based Dune HD OS in a special virtual container. This Linux-based OS helps to ensure stable operation and smooth media playback.
Dune HD ecosystem
- Based on open Dune HD SDK and APIs, various TV-optimized applications, plugins, extensions, GUI skins, collection management solutions, integrations with home automation systems are available via official Dune Store, 3-party vendors, and from the user's community.
Dune HD mobile app
The unique Dune HD mobile app (Dune Control) for iOS and Android mobiles devices provides full access to all functions of Dune HD media center in a very convenient and powerful way. It fully replaces the standard remote, allows browsing and choosing the media content directly on your mobile device (the menu shown on the mobile device mirrors the menu shown on the TV screen), and includes Now Playing section for convenient media playback control. More details: https://dune-hd.com/support/dunecontrol
- Dune HD media center provides the powerful IP Control interface and has a lot of options for integration into Smart Home and Home Automation systems, such as Control4 and Crestron.
Built-in SMB file server
- Dune HD media center has a built-in SMB file server, which allows access to all connected storage devices (such as USB HDD) and internal memory of the media player from local network.
- Dune HD media center has a built-in parental controls functionality. You can use it to lock access to the entire media player (including all Android TV apps) by a schedule (or example, allow your kid to use the media player only from 14:00 to 16:00 and from 20:00 to 22:00).
Proven history of software updates during a very long period
Dune HD is known for its reputation to listen to user's feedback and provide software updates for many years. For example, for some old models, software updates with additional functions are provided for more than 10 years already. This is possible due to the unique "single code base" approach, which means that software for all Dune HD models is based on the same code base (continuously developed and improved according to user's feedback).
Many other features
- Dune HD media center software has been developed for more than 14 years and includes a lot of various features. For more information see "Specifications" and "DUNE HD Interface" sections.
* To use Dune HD media center functions, an app should be installed. The app is under development. Some of the listed features will become available in future app versions. See here for more details about the current app status and updates: https://dune-hd.com/app
** Full disc menu support is in development. In Dune HD media center app version 230924_2058, there is partial support for full disc menu (only for BDMV folders on local drives, ISO/SMB/NFS not supported yet). More complete support will become available in future app versions.
Media processor: Amlogic S905X4-K with Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos, DTS licenses
CPU: ARM Cortex A55 4-core
Operating memory: 4 GB
Flash memory: 32 GB
Built-in HDD rack: 2.5" SATA HDD or SSD, up to 5 TB and more, hot swap
Ethernet: 10/100/1000 Mbit/s
Wi-Fi: 802.11b/g/n/ac/ax (Wi-Fi 6), Dual Band 2.4+5 GHz, 2T2R
USB ports: 2x USB 3.0 host
USB slave HDD port: USB 3.0 Type-B, can be used without additional power
HDMI output: HDMI 2.1 up to 4Kp60 HDR / HDR10+ / Dolby Vision, HDCP 2.2
Analog A/V output: 3.5mm minijack (composite video + stereo audio)
S/PDIF output: Optical S/PDIF
Reserved port: For potential extensions (DVB-T/T2/C tuner)
Power input: 12V DC IN (1.5A)
Power supply: External, DC 12V (1.5A), AC 100-240V
Front panel display: multi-segment LED display HH:MM
Dimensions (W x H x D): 226mm x 32mm x 160mm
Remote: Bluetooth remote with microphone (voice search) and programmable app button. The remote also has IR emitter and can control TVs and A/V receivers via IR channel, and also control the media player via IR channel (when there is no Bluetooth connection to the media player) (using Google IR codes)
IR control: Built-in IR receiver, supports Google IR codes only (Note: because of certified Android TV solution, Dune HD IR codes are not supported)
OS: Android TV 11.0 + Linux-based Dune HD OS (available via app *)
Netlix certification: Yes
Google Android TV certification: Yes
Widevine DRM: Widevine L1
Streaming services: Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, Apple TV+, HBO Max, YouTube and many others (includes all services available via Android TV apps in Google Play Store) (depends on region and policies of particular services)
Filesystems: FAT16/FAT32 (read-write), exFAT (read-write), NTFS (read-only)
Video decoding: AV1, VP9 profile 2, H.265 (HEVC), H.264 (AVC), VC1, MPEG4, MPEG2, MPEG1
Video upscaling: Upscaling of SD and other resolutions up to 4K
3D video: Side-by-Side, Top-and-Bottom
Audio in streaming services: Up to Dolby Atmos (depends on a particular streaming service)
Audio in Dune HD media center: Most popular formats can be played, up to Dolby TrueHD with Atmos and DTS X, multichannel FLAC and multichannel SACD (DSD); see Dune HD media center specifications for more details
Dune HD Media Center specifications
Video file formats: MKV, MPEG-TS, MPEG-PS, M2TS, VOB, AVI, MOV, MP4, QT, ASF, WMV, ISO, movie folder structures
Dolby Vision playback: Profiles 5, 7 (MEL and FEL), 8; various containers (ISO, movie folder structure, MKV, MP4, M2TS); DTDL (double-track double-layer), STDL (single-track double-layer), STSL (single-track single-layer). Double-track/double-layer video (profile 7 MEL, profile 7 FEL) is played with the use of data from both tracks/layers: video data from the first track/layer (with 10-bit color depth - the maximum color depth supported by OLED-panels in OLED TVs), extended Dolby Vision information (RPU metadata) from the second track/layer
Automatic framerate and resolution switching: yes
Audio decoding: MPEG-1/2 layer I/II/III, AAC, LPCM, FLAC, multichannel FLAC, Vorbis, WavPack, APE (Monkey's Audio), ALAC (Apple lossless), SACD DSD (stereo and multichannel), multichannel PCM (up to 7.1), Dolby and DTS formats
Dolby and DTS formats: Audio tracks in the following Dolby and DTS formats can be played: Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital Plus with Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby TrueHD with Atmos, DTS, DTS HD HRA, DTS HD MA, DTS X. All formats can be decoded by the media player and output to HDMI as multichannel uncompressed PCM (up to 7.1 channels, 48KHz). The following formats can be output as a bitstream: Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital Plus with Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby TrueHD with Atmos, DTS. Dolby formats can also be output as multichannel-audio using Dolby MAT technology (multichannel PCM with Atmos) when the receiver supports it
Audio file formats: MP3, MPA, M4A, AAC, WAV, FLAC, Ogg/Vorbis, WavPack, APE (Monkey's Audio), ALAC (Apple lossless), SACD ISO (stereo and multichannel), SACD DSF (stereo and multichannel), SACD DFF (stereo and multichannel), AC3, DTS, DTS-WAV
Subtitle formats: SRT (external), SUB (MicroDVD) (external), text (MKV), SSA/ASS (MKV, external), VobSub (MP4, MKV, external SUB/IDX), PGS (ISO, TS, MKV)
Online subtitles: Automatically download subtitles from Internet
Picture file formats: JPEG, PNG, BMP
Photo viewer functions: Slideshow, transition effects, picture rotation, zoom, view playlist, repeat, shuffle
Playlist file formats: M3U, PLS, CUE
Playlist functions: Build playlist from selected folders and files, build playlist from selected playlist files, view playlist file, view current playlist, quickly jump to next/previous or selected playlist item, repeat, shuffle, playlist of photo files, playlist of audio files, playlist of video files, mixed playlist of audio and video files
NFS client: Browse NFS servers/shares, manually connect to NFS share, directly access and play files
SMB client: Browse SMB servers/shares, manually connect to SMB share, directly access and play files
SMB server: Share local storage devices and internal memory
iOS and Android mobile apps: Control Dune HD media center via the powerful Dune Control mobile application
IP control: Integrate Dune HD media center into Home Automation systems via IP Control interface
Control4 and Crestron: Integrate Dune HD media center into Smart Home installations based on Control4 and Crestron technologies
Android TV specifics: Because of certified Android TV solution, some functions work with some specifics and limitations. In particular, due to security requirements, all network functions (such as: SMB server, IP control, NFS client) use so-called "non-privileged" ports. This imposes some restrictions on the use of these functions. For more details please see https://dune-hd.com/app
* To use Dune HD media center functions, an app should be installed. The app is under development. Some of the listed features will become available in future app versions. See here for more details about the current app status and updates: https://dune-hd.com/app
Media Player x1
Bluetooth Remote x1
Batteries AAA x2
Power supply 12V 1.5A x1
HDMI cable x1
Quick installation guide x1
Some of the listed features may not be available in the initial software and may require to install a software update.
The support for particular media formats and codecs and playback functions may depend on the used application; some formats and codecs and playback functions may be supported only in specific applications and may require to install a specific application.
Compatibility of the player with particular media content (files, streams, etc) may depend on specifics of media content encoding, specifics of the configuration of the player and player-connected equipment, and other factors; compatibility of the player with arbitrary media content is not guaranteed.
Compatibility of the player with particular applications (Dune HD plugins or Android applications) may depend on specifics of the application, particular usage scenario, and other factors; compatibility of the player with arbitrary applications is not guaranteed.
Compatibility of the player with particular equipment (A/V equipment, network equipment, storage devices, etc) may depend on particular equipment model, specifics of equipment installation, specifics of the configuration of the player and equipment, and other factors; compatibility of the player with arbitrary equipment is not guaranteed.
Product images may be imprecise and may have some differences in comparison with the real look of the product.
Accuracy of the information is not guaranteed; the information is subject to change w/o notice.
DUNE HD Interface
Famous Dune HD interface: convenient and smooth interface optimized for TV screens and remote controls, developed and polished during many years; now even more smooth than before and with additional features
Direct network access: directly browse and play files stored on PC or NAS in local network via SMB, NFS, UPnP/DLNA
My Collection: organize your movies and TV series into a nice-looking and convenient catalog
Automatic movie recognition: easily view movie descriptions and find related movies when browsing your movies in the file browser
Netflix-like view for your local library: view video files from your local library using Netlix-like nice-looking user interface
Movies encyclopedia: find any movies, even those which are not in your collection, via common unified catalog with detailed movie descriptions, trailers and cross references between movies and persons
Direct links to online video services: quickly start watching a movie via connected video services directly from the movies catalog
Advanced file manager: easily manage (copy, move, delete, rename, organize, sort) files directly in the file browser
Favorites menu: easily access your favorite items: files, folders, movies, persons, applications, etc
Auto start: configure which favorite item to open automatically on player boot
Recent menu: see what you played recently and easily resume the playback or switch between latest items
TV browser: watch TV channels (Internet TV, when configured) via a convenient Dune HD TV Browser
Extended EPG: when watching TV channels, see extended EPG information automatically downloaded from the Internet (when available for a TV channel)
Playlists: build playlists from selected items and folders or load playlists from files
Customizable user interface: enjoy a variety of user interface skins, customization options and Jukebox applications
Plugins and extensions: full support for Dune HD PHP plugins API, Dune HD skins, dune_folder.txt mechanism
Dune HD applications: install various applications and plugins with additional functionality
Jukebox applications: use various 3-party Jukebox applications to organize your media collection into a convenient user interface
Android applications: launch Android applications directly from Dune HD interface, install Android applications from APK file
Background playback: play music, radio, TV channel or video in background while navigating through any menus of Dune HD interface or even when using Android applications
* To use Dune HD interface, an app should be installed. The app is under development. Some of the listed features will become available in future app versions. See here for more details about the current app status and updates: https://dune-hd.com/app